Development of creative ideas Mid Stage Review

 

I believe as a performer I apply limited standard of personal management skills, mainly due to my lack of time management. I need to ensure I am proactive in taking control of when I am able to complete work before the deadline so its not last minute. This allows me more time to rewatch the videos we take in class of all our work so far and develop my personal skills to make sure I am improving especially within dance sequences we execute so I become more confident and know the dance. However, I would say my punctuality is definitely of a greater quality as I arrive to most of my lessons on time, in the correct attire and I am mostly prepared for what needs to be completed for that lesson. I’m also organised especially in terms of equipment and persevere at meeting personal deadlines.

 

I would describe my rehearsal skills as frequently of a good standard. Although some of my skills may be viewed as restricted, I believe I am applying and developing my rehearsal skills each week. For example, my use of characterisation to become a rat for a period of time while the rest of the class perform their Pied Piper Of Hamelin rat duets. I have to maintain this rat like physique through the use of different body levels and a hunched and enclosed body language to emphasise how rats scurry and compress into right places. I think for this I just need to ensure i’m sustaining my scrunched facial expressions. I also believe I have refined my vocal skills as I am now able to keep a strong use of gestures while i’m expressing a piece of information with a clear use of projection, articulation and my diction. I need to polish my movements to ensure I fully know where i’m going and that i’m moving in the in the right place at the right time. 

Comments

  1. could you add some more detail into this - be specific about rehearsal skills.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

22/11 Pied Piper

15/11 Pied Piper duets homework

Matthew Bourne & Fredderick Ashton