Skills Workshop 5

 The Pied Piper of Hamlin


https://youtube.com/shorts/-dk2AHnG9_I?feature=share


The work we created was influenced by the connections from todays society and the traditional Pied Piper of Hamlin. My group (Honey, Dolly, Rudi), based our piece off the themes of the control / lack of it that social media promotes. Similarly to DV8, I feel we allowed our work to become quite fragmented/ episodic. A particular movement that I liked within our sequence was when Honey and myself took our phones and swerved them around Rudi and Dolly and them physically turning to face another direction, which I felt really expressed the control social media and it’s influences has on most members of society. This could also be seen as similar to DV8’s work due to how it was quite a physically demanding movement and how Honey and I completed the gesture in unison. This skills I believe we developed while producing this work was maintaining focus and the correct timing so we could work effectively in unison, also the use of teamwork and compromising each of our ideas. I think our group worked well together as a whole, especially with continuing our focus and facial expressions all throughout the piece and I believe we portrayed our themes strongly. Especially, when Dolly and Rudi were following me and Honey, skipping, without any hesitation. This conveys the lack of independence and the overwhelming standards found on social media through unreal influences and how indoctrinated we become. 

Comments

  1. Well Done, You must make sure you follow the guidelines for evaluating given to you. You must also discuss your strengths and weaknesses.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

22/11 Pied Piper

15/11 Pied Piper duets homework

Matthew Bourne & Fredderick Ashton